Cable design KSR240 (TZC 500 25)
KSR240 low attenuation coaxial cable (TZC 500 25) is similar in size to RG-58 cable but has lower attenuation and better shielding. These improvements are achieved by the use of foamed dielectric and double shielding.
Structurally, cable KSR240 СЃРѕСЃС,РѕРёС, РёР ·:
- central conductor: solid copper conductor with a diameter of 1,42 mm
- internal dielectric made of foamed polyethylene with a diameter of 3,81 mm
- the first shielding layer of aluminum foil
- second shielding layer - tinned copper braid with a diameter of 4,52 mm
- outer protective sheath made of polyethylene (PE) 0,8 mm thick and 6,10 mm in diameter
Electrical characteristics of cable KSR240
Wave impedance: 50 ohm
Linear capacitance: 79,4 pF/m
Relative speed: 84%
Shortening factor: 1,19
Shielding efficiency: >90 dB
Sheath breakdown test voltage: 5000 V (AC)
Peak power: 5,6 kW
Reflection attenuation: <-18 dB (3-3000 MHz)
Losses and allowable power for KSR240 cable
|Frequency, MHz||Attenuation, dB/100m*||Power, kWt*|
* Typical values for 20o C and height at sea level
Mechanical characteristics of KSR240 cable
Mounting temperature range: -25 … +70ºС
Storage temperature range: -55 … +85ºС
Operating temperature range: -40 … +85ºС
Minimum bending radius: 19,1mm
Re-bending radius: 63,5mm
Packaging and labeling
The cable is securely packed on a wooden drum. Packing norm - 500 m.
On request, the KSR240 cable can be cut to shorter lengths.
KSR240 is analogous in size to the following widely used types of RF coaxial cables: LMR 240, MRC 240, WBC-240, WCX 240, SPEEDFOAM 240, TZC 500 25, HUBER+SUHNER S 04272 B.
The KSR 240 cable is slightly thinner than the 5D-FB or PK-50-4-11 cables, but at the same time, the choice of connectors for it is much wider.